With the first presidential debate just hours away and the mainstream media spending its time talking about style, conservatives need to keep our eyes on the substance. Obama has something to try to hide””his record. While the pundits will pick apart every word of Romney’s performance, we must talk up the realities of Obama’s failed leadership and the reform necessary to make America strong again. It’s time for all of us to ensure people see through the Obama smoke screen.
Just like we saw with the Democrat National Convention last month, Obama’s approach will likely be to blame, punt and twist his responses hoping to play upon the ignorance of the voting public. He’ll say a lot of things but you can remind people you know about what he won’t say:
- The real unemployment rate is 15% with young people unemployed at levels not seen in generations.
- With his current agenda and proposed second-term spending, Obama will increase taxes on middle class families by thousands of dollars each year.
- Household income has dropped by more than $4000 per year under Obama.
- Gas prices are more than double from when he took office.
- The labor participation rate is at an all-time low and male employment has fallen to its lowest point on record.
- Obamacare is expected to increase healthcare costs for American families by more than $3000.
- Healthcare costs for young adults have already increased by 45 percent, affecting students and their future employers.
- The National Debt has increased faster under Obama than under any president in history to a staggering $16 trillion.
- Obama spent more than $1 billion of taxpayer money on failed companies like Solyndra instead of increasing domestic energy sources through initiatives like the Keystone XL Pipeline.
- Despite all the claims of shovel-ready jobs, Obama’s $787 billion stimulus has failed to put Americans back to work.
Through a rambling narrative of twisted facts, Obama will attempt to reshape history. But we’re living it. He wants Americans to forget the effects of his record. But we’re daily faced with the damage. Obama may choose to ignore them, but Americans know the facts about taxes, jobs, debt, the deficit and the danger of Obamacare. And we won’t forget.
See more at MajorityPoints.com.